Ultimate (Werewolf)

During our first-in-class session, we played a game called ultimate werewolf. When I first heard that we would be playing this game, I was initially excited because this would be my second time playing. As I could remember from my first time playing, I did very poorly in the role that I held. With that in mind, I was determined to do my very best to win the game this time and redeem myself from when I played before. However, that was tested when I was finally given my role.

When I was assigned my role for this game, I was assigned as a cub wolf. Immediately when I saw this, fear entered my psyche. What I found difficult about this role was that instead of being with the majority of the other players as a villager, I was allied with only two other wolves who were trying to conceal themselves among the majority. What I also found difficult was that during the game I could not communicate with my other teammates. We could only communicate by pointing our fingers and keeping eye contact with each other ( the mask didn’t help either).

In the end, however, we somehow ended up getting rid of all of the villagers with only one casualty near the end of the game. When I look back on how leadership was incorporated within the game, I come to the conclusion that I had to work really hard to challenge the process. I really had to trust others to lead in the decision of who to eliminate and put my faith in them that we would survive the game session.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing ultimate werewolf. I feel that I really improved from my first time playing and found it really interesting to play in such a large group that my class had. It made the experience more challenging and fun. I can’t wait to play again!.