Game of the Week: DND Week 1

For this session, we played the first session in our three week Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Dungeons and Dragons is an RPG game that sets the player up in a fantasy world, and you explore while trying to battle monsters and accomplish the goals of the team. For our group, we had five players, along with one person DMing the game so that we could get through the story.

For this first week, we mainly focused on getting introduced to the game. Both I and another player were completely new to the game, so we had to spend a bit of time getting the mechanics and everything about the game explained to us. When we started the story, it was pretty fun. The most we got through in the session was exploring the toppled wagon/cart and then almost completing a battle with some goblins (who almost killed one of our players).

I really enjoyed playing DnD for the first time. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time, but have never had the opportunity for. For recommendations, I’d really like to play this with my roommate Aja. She likes games like this and I’d love to play it with her. Honestly, the hardest part of this session was figuring out how the rolls worked. It confused me a lot but after listening to the more experienced players do it, I started to understand it a little more. Lastly, for leadership, I think DnD shows that leaders can have many different abilities and that other people can help you with this. Stats are a big thing in this game, and a leader might not have everything they need to complete a scenario in the best way so they need to rely on other people around them.