From this point on, all IT requests should go through IT Help, rather than contacting Todd directly. From the dean:
Starting August 1, the College of Arts and Science IT staff (CASIT; your primary rep is Todd Henson) will provide their support services in a new partnership with University IT Services. They have worked together on developing a shared support model that integrates their activities in a collaborative fashion, streamlining your support experience through a single interface, shared practices, and defined response times. The new support model was piloted by several departments last spring and is now being expanded to all departments in the College. Here are some key benefits of the new model:
- Single point of contact for all technology support
- Faster response to phone calls with immediate efforts to resolve the issue
- Emergency calls may be passed directly to CASIT
- Allowing you to track and interact with the status of your ticket
- Eliminate confusion as to whom you should contact for a particular problem.
From now on, please do not phone, text or email your CASIT rep directly to initiate service. Beginning August 1st, we are asking that you direct your IT-related issues through the IT Services Support Desk by:
If the Support Desk is unable to resolve the problem while you are on the phone, they will either transfer your call directly to a CASIT Team member or create a ticket and assign it to CASIT.