Career Paths: Ellie Krug ’21

A graphic reading "'Curate your college career to set yourself up for what you want to do after graduation. Utilize campus organizations to build your personal brand.' - Elllie Krug '21, Assistant Merchant of Home Accessories and Storytelling Bath & Body Works." Pictures Ellie.

Ellie Krug is an Assistant Merchant of Home Accessories and Storytelling at Bath & Body Works. A 2021 graduate who earned her B.S. in Marketing and Fashion Corporate Business, she served as the president of Miami University Fashion & Design (MUF&D), the largest student-run organization on campus. Learn about her Career Path below.

How did you reach your current position?

Through my involvement with MUF&D, and by being a Victoria’s Secret PINK Campus Representative, I discovered my passion for corporate retail and fashion merchandising. With MUF&D, I was both the president and the director of marketing and public relations. We put on 40+ events per year, including one of the largest student-run fashion shows in the nation. My experience as a merchandising intern at Victoria’s Secret the summer before my junior year solidified my love for the merchant role and the world of retail. After graduation, I completed an eight-month merchant development program at Bath & Body Works before entering my dream job, my current role as an Assistant Merchant.

How did Miami University set you up for success in your career?  

I felt prepared and excited to take on life after graduation. Miami pushed me to challenge myself, helping me gain confidence in my abilities. It also provided me with a space to discover who I am and how I want to impact the world. Love and honor!

What is your best piece of career advice for current college students?

Curate your college career to set yourself up for what you want to do after graduation. Utilize campus organizations to build your personal brand, gain new skills, and experience new things.

If you are a Miami University graduate who is interested in being featured in a Career Paths spotlight during the 2023-24 academic year, please fill out our Career Paths Participation form.