Google Workspace for Education

Miami University utilizes Google Workspace for Education tools to foster collaboration, empower educators, and amplify productivity. All Miami students, faculty, and staff have access to Google apps, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.

What can I do with Google?

Enable Collaboration

Easily work together with apps like Docs, Slides, and Sheets.

Communicate Flexibly

Connect via email, chat, or video, and even host office hours.

Store and Secure Files

Google Drive can house (and safeguard) your files.

Organize Your Tasks

Build to-do lists, create task reminders, and schedule meetings.

Where do I access Google Workspace?

There are a few ways to quickly and easily access Google Workspace tools, including via the following icons and text links:

How do I use Google Workspace apps?

• My Media allows you to access, add, edit, and share media in your Kaltura account. If you’ve already created video or audio files for your students, you can upload them to My Media for easier sharing within your courses.
  • Media Gallery allows you to organize all of the media for a single course in one place. You’ll see “Media Gallery” as a separate link in your course navigation menu.
  • Personal Capture is Kaltura’s desktop recorder. It allows you to record new audio and video files from your computer and/or capture documents or websites open on your desktop. Kaltura offers a Personal Capture Walkthrough with an overview of features.

Where can I learn more about Google Workspace?

Video Tutorials

Visit the Kaltura Learning site to view a series of short videos on its features.

Accessibility

Review the Accessibility at Kaltura page to learn about its accessibility features.

Text Tutorials

Visit the Kaltura Knowledge site to browse a comprehensive list of how-to articles.

Privacy

Review Kaltura’s Privacy Policy page to learn how it manages its users’ data.