Zoom is a web conferencing platform that you and your students can use to host online meetings. It’s integrated with Canvas and fully supported by IT Services.
What can I do with Zoom?
Both you and your students have full access to Zoom, so you can use it for any sort of synchronous online meeting.
Where do I access Zoom?
Zoom is integrated with Canvas, so you’ll find a link for it in your course navigation menu. You can also log in to your account through our Zoom web portal: miamioh.zoom.us.
In addition, Zoom provides apps for Apple and Android mobile devices, so you and your students can join meetings while you’re on the go.
How do I use Zoom?
Zoom hosts live training webinars on a daily basis. Register for Zoom’s Getting Started webinar if you haven’t used it yet, or join its intermediate-level training webinar if you’d like to learn its advanced features.
How do I enable Zoom in Canvas?
- Go to the Settings page of your course in Canvas.
- Click the Navigation tab at the top of the page.
- Drag Zoom from the lower section of menu options (invisible to students) to the upper section of options (visible to students).
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, navigate to Zoom in your course menu.
- On your first login, you’ll be prompted to Authorize Zoom.
Where can I learn more about Zoom?
Zoom provides a wealth of online information that you can consult if you want to learn more about its features.