Adding Users to a Miami WordPress Site
The Users screen lists all the existing users for your site. When you add new users, you can define roles and options from this screen.
To add a new user:
- Log into WordPress. If you are unsure of how to do this, view Logging in to WordPress.
- Access the Users menu. From the left column menu of the Dashboard, expand the Users menu.
- Do not click the Add User button in the body of the Users page (it doesn’t work properly).
- Then click Add User from the left menu.
- Add the user’s Unique ID in the Username field, not the full email address. Read more details below.
Note: WordPress will attempt to validate users based on Miami UniqueIDs. For users who join from Canvas, accounts are automatically created when they login to those applications.
Adding individual Miami students/faculty/staff:
To add a single Miami user, enter the user’s UniqueID in the Username text box at the top of the screen. Choose the desired permission level for the new user. (For a description of roles and capabilities, read Understanding User Roles/Capabilities in WordPress.)
Once the necessary options have been selected, click the Add User button.
Adding multiple Miami students/faculty/staff:
If adding multiple Miami users to a single blog, enter the UniqueIDs (not the full email address) in the large Usernames text box under Add Bulk Users. Choose the permission level that you would like the new users to have. (For a description of roles and capabilities, read Understanding User Roles/Capabilities in WordPress.)
Note: The role that is selected will be applied to all users listed in the Usernames text box. To add users with different permission levels, repeat this process for each permission level/role.
Once the necessary options have been selected, click the Add User Bulk button.