- Parents and community members may ride the BCRTA (Butler County Regional Transit Authority) buses.
- The Campus Avenue Parking Garage (South Garage) is free for Family Weekend.
- The North Campus Garage is free for Family Weekend.
- Campus parking meters are free for Family Weekend.
- Parents may park in any campus lot without a permit, with the exception of lots specifically reserved for pre-sale or events.
- Limited RV parking is sold out.
We are excited to welcome students and families back to campus this week! Parking permits are not required for move-in week (August 21 through August 27). Additionally, there is no charge for parking meters or garages this week (August 21 through August 27).
For families moving their student in, please follow the signs for item drop off, unload the car as quickly as possible and then move your car away from the residence halls and return on foot to arrange your student’s room. That will help ensure that traffic keeps flowing and everyone can unload as quickly and conveniently as possible! Additional move-in information (and maps) can be found here.
Summer parking permits for students go on sale on May 8 at 8 am. They will allow parking throughout campus for students taking classes or working on campus. With a summer parking permit, students may park in red, blue or yellow permit lots at all times — near residence halls, academic buildings, the Rec center, etc.
Students wishing to leave their cars on campus for all or part of the summer while they are away, should purchase a summer parking permit and park their car in the Ditmer parking lot in sight of the Miami police station for added security.
During spring break, a permit is still required to park on campus, however vehicles with yellow permits may park in red-permitted areas of campus that ordinarily only allow yellow permits in evenings and weekends. Please do not park in areas that have signs indicating “Red permits only at all times”.
Meters and garages will continue to be enforced as normal during Spring Break.
The City of Oxford has advised that there may be significant snow fall on Tuesday night through Wednesday morning. They would like to remind students and community members that the City can do a much more thorough job of plowing if the roads are free of cars. Therefore, if it looks like there will be snow falling instead of rain on Tuesday night, students who do not have Miami parking permits may move their car to any of the three student lots (Millet, Ditmer, Chestnut Fields) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but they must return their cars to their apartments before Thursday at 7 pm.
Cars parked on designated snow routes are required to be moved if there is a prediction of 3 inches or more of snow or they may be cited or towed. Removing cars from non-snow routes allows more complete plowing and improves road conditions for everyone.
Beginning December 11 at 7am until Jan 23 at 7am, vehicles with yellow permits may park in red-permitted lots and roadways, provided that the signs do not say “Red permits only AT ALL TIMES.” (ie the Hepburn and Roudebush lots).
Leaving your car here over winter break?
Student vehicles with a valid parking permit (blue or yellow) may leave their cars in the west Millett, Ditmer or Chestnut Fields lots over the winter break and J-term.
Please consult the parking map or call the Campus Services Center if you are unsure of where to park over break.
Garage vehicle storage also available over winter
If you wish to leave your car in a covered garage for Winter Break & Winter Term, spaces will be available in the North parking garage (by the Engineering Building). If you do not have a garage permit you may purchase this option with or without a yellow permit for $160 for the winter break/term. Please reply to this email to have this access added to your ID card (you may also call or stop by the Campus Services Center.) If you already have a garage permit you do not need to purchase this additional access.
Loading and Unloading: How to use the vehicle log-in policy for move out
If you need to park near your residence hall at a time when you ordinarily would not be allowed to park there, you may utilize the log-in policy below to load or unload your vehicle to avoid being fined. A valid permit is required to utilize the log-in procedure. Vehicles that park illegally in restricted areas, service drives, yellow zones and loading zones may be cited.
- To use the log-in policy, park in a legal space near your building and immediately email email@example.com with your name and the location where you are parked. You will be granted 20 minutes to load/unload your vehicle from the time you send the email. If you receive a parking violation during the time you are logged in, call or email the Campus Services Center with the ticket number and we will waive it. Students may use this procedure up to 4 times per semester
BCRTA Bus Service
- Oxford/Miami bus routes and the R2 end operation on Friday, December 9 at 7 pm.
- BCRTA Regional Route R3 will run every two hours from December 10 to January 22.
- BCRTA Regional Routes R1, R3 and R4 will NOT operate Christmas Day, but will resume Tuesday, December 27.
- Limited bus service will be available on campus December 12 to January 21.
- Active routes will run 7am to 7pm weekdays and 11:30 am to 7:30 pm Saturdays and include U1W to Walmart, U3 to Kroger and U4D throughout Western and North campus.
- Saferide will operate 7 days a week from 6 pm to midnight. See BCRTA’s website at ButlerCountyRTA.com or call (513) 785-5237 for details.
Student parking permits for Spring semester are available for purchase online and in the Campus Services Center beginning Dec 5.
Login to the your student parking portal and click “Purchase” to see the permit options available to you. If you would like unlimited garage access you will need to first purchase your surface lot permit and then click “Purchase” again to see the garage options that can be added to your surface lot permit. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Are you bringing a car back to Miami after Thanksgiving Break, but don’t have a permit?
Occasionally students who did not already have a car on campus return with one after Thanksgiving break for the remainder of the fall semester. If you are planning to do this, here’s what you need to know:
- A parking permit is required to park on campus at all times.
- You may purchase two (2) one-week permits online for $15 each. Log in to your student parking account, add your license plate & vehicle info, click “buy permits” and scroll down to “Temporary (daily, weekly) permits”. Purchase a one-week for 11/27-12/3 and then purchase the second week 12/4-12/10.
- These are yellow, residential student permits that will allow parking in the West Millett parking lot 24 hours a day.
- Avoid the Commuter Permits section of Millett lot because it does not allow overnight parking. See the map below.
- The U4 bus visits this lot every 15 minutes so you can catch a ride to and from the lot.
- In the evenings and on weekends permitted vehicles may park in the campus core near the residence halls, Rec Center, etc, but you must move your car to Millett West lot by 7 am weekdays or you may get a $75 ticket. See the posted signs around campus for the times those lots allow yellow permit parking.
- If you have a parking permit and need to pull up in front of your dorm to load or unload your car, call or email the Parking Office first and let us know your name, dorm, license plate and time you will be parked there. We will log it into the system and give you 20 minutes to load or unload. If you receive a ticket during that time, let us know, and we will waive it.
Due to the large amount of traffic on campus for move-in day, BCRTA buses will not be running on Thursday, August 18th. They will resume normal operations at 7 am Friday, Aug 19th.
Move-in week is quickly approaching! We have a few quick updates about parking to help make moving in as easy as possible. Families and students DO NOT need to purchase a parking permit for move-in week (August 15 through August 21). Additionally, our parking meters and garages are free during move-in week. When families come to visit in the future, you will need to register your vehicle with a one-day visitor permit, or use our meters and garages – but move-in week is free.