Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I am an employee at one of the regional campuses. Am I eligible to participate in UPAC activities?
A. Yes, all employees in the unclassified category may participate in all UPAC activities.

Q. Now that I am an employee of Miami, can I take non-credit courses at the university?
A. Yes, through the Office of Continuing Education. They also offer professional development courses where you can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Please contact the office at 529-1508.

Q. How can an employee become a member of the Miami University Community Federal Credit Union?
A. Please visit their web site.

Q. Does the university have a daycare center for employees? If so, how can I learn more about it?
A. The daycare center is called the Mini University and is located on the Western campus. Please contact the center at 529-8383 or visit their web site.

Q. Does the university offer staff development?
A. Yes, the president’s office has taken the initiative to design job enrichment opportunities, staff training, workshops, and seminars.

Q. I am interested in relocating to Oxford. Can you tell me about the city, schools, social activities, etc., available in Oxford?
A. Check out the Oxford Chamber of Commerce and City of Oxford organization.

Q. How much diversity is present at Miami?
A. Please visit the Diversity Snapshot page to see statistics.

Q. Are employees permitted to use the Recreational Sports Center?
A. Yes, contact the center’s membership office at 529-8181. There are fees associated with membership.