Welcome!

Hi! I am Khodakhast Bibak, an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Miami University, where I joined in 2018 as an Assistant Professor.

Previously, I was a Postdoctoral Research Associate (September 2017 – August 2018) in the Coordinated Science Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before this, I was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (May-August 2017) at the Department of Computer ScienceUniversity of Victoria, from where I also received my PhD (April 2017). Prior to that, I obtained a Master of Mathematics degree (April 2013) at the Department of Combinatorics & OptimizationUniversity of Waterloo, where I was also a member of the Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research (CACR).

My research interests are Cybersecurity, Applied Cryptography, Quantum Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and the related areas. I have more than 40 peer-reviewed publications including four books and papers published in journals such as Quantum Information & Computation, Quantum Information Processing, Designs, Codes and Cryptography, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, and ACM Computing Surveys. I have developed three new courses in Cybersecurity and have been involved in developing a B.S. in Cybersecurity.