Student Intro: Raegan Kerr

Hello! My name is Raegan Kerr and I am a communications/marketing intern this semester at MUAM. I am a senior this year at Miami University majoring in strategic communication and fashion corporate business. I am from Michigan and am looking forward to a great year finishing up my time in Oxford, Ohio in May 2020. In addition to my MUAM internship this year, I am also working at the Miami University bookstore as the merchandising lead. 

As a communications/marketing intern, my role is based on publicizing and getting the word out about the art museum, events and exhibitions throughout the year. My main focus for the year is the student response exhibition (SRE) that will open Spring 2020 (Circling ‘Round). This semester I am working on recruiting students to submit their artwork to the program through marketing and social media. The deadline for student artwork submissions is fast approaching on October 14, 2019!

In addition to the SRE, I am working on bringing more attention to the sculpture park on the museum’s property. The park features nine modern art pieces situated around the building. With the help of some of my fellow interns, we will be running this museum blog, Moments @ MUAM, and will be posting new content based on our individual project focuses. Also, I work on the MUAM Instagram account to keep it up to date with content such as upcoming events and featured work from the current exhibitions. Follow us @miamiuniversityartmuseum!

Next Event: Night at the Art Museum is this Thursday, September 19 from 7-9 PM! Be sure to take a picture at the party and tag @miamiuniversityartmuseum on Instagram and use #nightatmuam!