The semester is already halfway over and your mind may be swimming with the stress of midterms, class projects, and other responsibilities. You could really use an encouraging hug. A little slice of home. A break.
Family Weekend (October 21-23) is the perfect time to take that much deserved break and connect with your family. Show them what you’ve been up to, what you enjoy most about Miami, and make sure to take advantage of the many campus and community events!
Anyone can park without a permit in most Miami campus lots and streets that usually require a permit. And all meters and garages on campus will be free of charge from noon on Friday to 2 a.m. Monday morning. Visitors should exit the garage before 2 a.m. Monday.
It’s a little different on Saturday with the football game. Note the Millett Hall parking is reserved for football parking starting Friday afternoon – and you have to have a game day parking pass. Fortunately, the BCRTA shuttles will be running with a few changes this weekend (for free!). Be sure to check out Family Weekend Transportation for details.
Off campus meters will be enforced from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. This includes the meters on Campus Avenue and throughout uptown. City meters are free on Sundays.
Get the App
The most up-to-date information will be on the Miami University Events app (Guidebook). Download the app and select the “Family Weekend 2022” guide to access the Family Weekend schedule, maps, and other helpful information. Also available at the QR code here!
We’ve put together a highlight of what’s happening below, but make sure you check out the full Family Weekend schedule for more events and additional information!
Friday, October 21, 2022
- Family Weekend Welcome Center: 1-3 p.m. at Armstrong Student Center Atrium
- Family Weekend Picnic: 5-7 p.m. at Academic Quad (rain location: Fritz Pavilion)
- Family Weekend Shabbat Dinner: 6-8 p.m. at Hillel (11 W. Walnut)
- Shabbat Dinner: 7-8:30 p.m. at Chabad (111 E. Spring)
- Family Weekend Magician: David Anthony: 7-8:30 p.m. at Wilks Theater (Armstrong)
We kick off the weekend with a ton of on-campus activities! Miami Activities and Programming (MAP) is hosting a welcome center event in Armstrong to get you all the information necessary to have the perfect weekend. Next, there’s a picnic in Academic Quad with free food, games, music, and more! There are Shabbat dinners at both Hillel and Chabad this night as well. You won’t want to miss out on David Anthony’s magical comedy show later that night. Goggin Ice Center is offering open skating times and the Miami University Art Museum Galleries are open all weekend long too!
Saturday, October 23, 2022
- Oxford Farmers Market Uptown: 9 a.m.–Noon at the Uptown Parks
- M.O.V.E. Outdoor Bootcamp: 10-11 a.m. at Lewis Place (310 E. High St).
- Football vs. Western Michigan: 3:30 p.m. kickoff at Yager Stadium
- Family Weekend Uptown Fest: 7-10 p.m. at the Oxford Uptown Parks
- RHA Bingo: 8-10 p.m., first floor Armstrong Student Center
Saturday begins with the Oxford Farmers Market with over 40 vendors lined along High Street. You’ll find fresh produce, flowers, gifts, and more. Don’t forget to stop by MAP’s table to decorate your own donut, too! Then come out to Yager Stadium for a tailgate and an exciting football game against Western Michigan University. To end the night, MAP is hosting a Family Weekend Festival uptown. There will be rides, food, lights, and games galore. You won’t want to miss out!
Sunday, October 24, 2022
- Family Weekend Bagel Brunch: 10 a.m.-Noon at Hillel (11 W. Walnut)
- Family Weekend Public Skate: 3:15-5 p.m. at Goggin Ice Center
- Women’s Soccer vs. Northern Illinois: 1 p.m. at Bobby Kramig Field
The weekend ends with a bagel brunch at Hillel, public skate at Goggin, and a women’s soccer game at Bobby Kramig Field!
When it comes down to it, Family Weekend is all about spending time with the ones you love in the place you love. In addition to the events listed above, you may want to spend time doing your own thing, too. Show off your favorite on-campus hangouts, eat in your favorite dining hall, and introduce them to your new friends. They’ll feel more connected to your experience when you tell stories over break.
We can’t wait to welcome everyone’s families to our beautiful campus and have a memorable weekend together! For specific information on the events listed above and more, view the full Family Weekend event schedule below.
Additional Family Weekend Resources
- Family Weekend Event Schedule
- Visitor Accommodations
- Transportation Information
- Purchase Football Tickets
- Friends and Family Football Package
Kenzie Abodeely, Class of 2024