BIENVENIDOS AL SITIO WEB DE SPOT
SPOT (Spanish and Portuguese Open Tutoring) is a free student service offered by the Department of Spanish and Portuguese which strives to enhance students’ performance and proficiency with the language. Free drop-in tutoring is available for elementary and intermediate level students enrolled in SPN 101- SPN 311. All students enrolled in Spanish, at any level, are encouraged to drop-in to practice and converse with a tutor to work on speaking and conversational skills. Writing consultations are also available for those enrolled in SPN 311 and above, by appointment only, to enhance student writing, at any stage of the process. In addition to the services above, SPOT is excited to welcome an advisor from the College of Arts and Sciences, to address CAS specific requirements and issues, and a University librarian to provide information to library services and resources during Drop-in hours. See the Calendar for Drop-in opportunities, or schedule a writing consultation, and stop by and see us.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about our services at email@example.com.
Also, to ensure that the services provided by SPOT are meeting the needs of our students we ask that you please take the time to complete the form on our feedback page once you attend a session.
Irvin Hall 36
Department of Spanish & Portuguese
400 East Spring St.
Oxford, OH 45056
Phone: (513) 529-4500
SPOT Mission Statement
- Provide all students with free educational services to enhance their exposure to the language and learning experience.
- Offer students guided practice and constructive corrective feedback in order to improve their language proficiency.
- Create a safe and comfortable environment to allow for oral production and practice using the target language.
- Assist students in becoming more independent learners through discussing and advocating effective study strategies.
- Foster an open, positive, supportive learning environment in order to help students thrive academically.
- Develop and aid with the process of writing and the skills necessary for improvement and growth.
- Provide opportunities for Sigma Delta Pi honor students serving as tutors, through faculty mentoring, professional development opportunities and support from Spot Coordinator.
- Continually develop the services and quality of the SPOT program in order to provide the best experience possible for our students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Current SPOT Schedule
(You must be logged in with your Miami UniqueID first before you can see the consultation calendar)