Work-School Balance – Limiting Leisure Activities

Introduction:

In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer number of activities and distractions that compete for our attention. Whether it’s social media, binge-watching TV shows, or simply scrolling through our phones, non-essential activities can quickly eat away at our time and prevent us from achieving our goals. This is particularly true when it comes to academic pursuits, where productivity and focus are essential for success. With this in mind, you can set a SMART goal to limit your non-essential activities to be more productive in school and life in general. By setting a specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound goal, you can hold yourself accountable and ensure that you are taking proactive steps towards achieving your academic and personal goals.

Example:

S: I want to reduce the amount of time I spend on non-essential activities so I can allocate more time into my schoolwork while maintaining my work commitments.

M: I will track the amount of time i spend on non-essential activities (e.g, social media, television, video games) on a weekly basis

A: I will identify non essential activities that take up the most of my time and create a plan to limit my time spent on them.

R: By reducing the amount of time I spend on non-essential activities I can prioritize my school work and achieve better academic performance while maintaining my work responsibilities.

T: Within the next month, I will reduce the amount of time I spend on non-essential activities by 40%, reallocating that time to my schoolwork and work.

Resources:

https://www.classcardapp.com/blog/8-productive-ways-to-spend-your-leisure-time