Back to classes soon!

We had our first faculty meeting and then a welcome/ welcome back lunch yesterday. That was my first official campus obligation since last December since I was on leave in the Spring. It was good to see people and meet the new grad students. I also don’t really know our second year MA students yet either since I’m not on any of their committees and was wasn’t around last semester. The weather is terrible and hot and this week, so I’m trying to mostly stay inside. I’m still working on semester prep and have plenty to do, but think my schedules and syllabi are ready at this point.

I don’t have anything else exciting to talk about right now, but I did get to make my second trip to Kenya earlier in the summer. We mostly stayed at my other-in-law’s house (and farm), but also got to attend IALE World Congress in Nairobi. I presented some preliminary research on mapping a recent burn scar in the Aberdare Range. You can see the full poster here (in landscape format- I rearranged my poster to portrait orientation after arriving in Kenya when they finally released the guidelines!!) I’ll post some other photos from our trip later (having DropBox issues!)

Me at my conference poster in Nairobi
Poster session at IALE World Congress in Nairobi.

8/22/23