A New Career Resource: Jamie McCall!

FSB Careers would like to wish a warm welcome to Jamie McCall! Jamie is the new Assistant Director for Pathways to Business and Liaison to the Farmer School of Business in the Center for Career Exploration and Success. To learn more about her, we asked her a few questions about her current role and working in career exploration!

• Tell us a little bit about yourself?

JAMIE: Prior to coming to Miami University, I spent a year at Ball State University on the employer relations team. The majority of my career has been in recruiting and human resources where I spent 16 years hiring in a variety of different industries and organizations to include banking, telecommunications, information technology, healthcare and corporate retail. While I’m originally from the Dayton area, my career journey has allowed me to live in 6 different states and to utilize my strengths to collaborate with all levels of an organization.

• What does it mean to be a liason to FSB?

JAMIE: I support career advising functions in FSB as well as CAS specific to majors in Math, Stats, Econ and Strat Comm. Additionally, my role is aligned to “Pathways to Business”. Therefore, I can assist students who may not have a “business” related major, but have an interest in exploring a business related career field.  I generally hold office hours in FSB on Mondays and Thursdays from 2-5pm, as well as additional hours in the Center for Career Exploration and Success in Armstrong.

• What is your best piece of career advice?

JAMIE: I can’t stress enough the importance of networking and follow-up. It is the relationship building piece of making intentional connections that can take your career to new heights. Follow your passion and maintain consistency with networking and follow-up throughout your career journey.

• What is your favorite thing about Miami?

JAMIE: While I’m still getting to know the many facets about Miami, my favorite things are the beauty of the campus, and the students and staff that I get to interact with on a daily basis.

• Anything else students should know about you?

JAMIE:  Fun fact- I spent 6 years in the Army National Guard as a Water Purification Specialist.

We are so excited to welcome her to the team! Once again, her office hours in FSB are as follows:

• Mondays: 2:00-5:00pm
  • Thursdays: 2:00-5:00pm

Be sure to stop by FSB and say hello!

Bookmark the permalink.