Eric Marinich Completes Disney Marathon

Erich Marinich shows off his completion medal with the Disney castle in the background

Congratulations to Accountancy Professor Eric Marinich, who completed the 30th Annual Disney Marathon held January 8 in Orlando, Florida! The marathon’s “Celebrated Charity” is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). Marinich ran as part of the LLS’s Team in Training, with the goal of raising funds to help find cures for blood cancer and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients.

This was Marinich’s first marathon and his first race of any kind. “I started running a few years ago after suffering a loss. Rather than coping with my grief in unhealthy ways, I chose to start walking. It felt so good, I walked more and more… and just kept going. At some point, I thought I might be able to run a marathon and started training. Fast forward to last Sunday and I was crossing the finish line I had dreamed about for years. I’m so grateful I was able to participate and raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society in the process,” he shared.

Besides crossing the finish line, Marinich’s favorite moments include running down Main Street and through the castle in the Magic Kingdom. “It was a dream come true,” he said.